The Obama health care bill that passed on Sunday, March 21, 2010 will cost US taxpayers over $894 billion dollars. The worst news is that most of the reforms are not effective until 2014. Between now and then health insurance companies are free to raise premiums and make health insurance the biggest expense in American’s monthly budgets. This is especially bad news for the unemployed and the self-employed who have to pay individual health insurance premiums or who cannot or will not ever be able to pay for health insurance.
Being self-employed, I had to cancel my health insurance because my health insurance company increased my premiums in 2009 by 50% and again increased my premium by 40% this year to $678 a month. I am healthy with no pre-existing conditions and have a health savings account with a $3,500 deductible. The policy has NO “preventive care” or prescription benefits. I have to pay all my medical expenses until my $3,500 deductible is met. With these rates my 2010 health insurance cost is $11,636 or $970 per month.
If you are employed and your employer is paying part of your insurance consider this benefit as one of your most value assets in your investment portfolio. If you are unemployed or self-employed please do not consider this advice to cancel your health insurance. In this article I am simply showing you how to save on insurance and reduce your family’s out of pocket health care costs.
DubLi’s Diamond Club Health and Wellness Program
Dubli.com helps consumers get real saving on healthcare. DubLi is a members only discount online shopping portal, unlike Costco, Sam’s Club, Direct Buy and tons of online shopping portals, there is no monthly or yearly fee to join the DubLi Shopping Community. Health care saving is just one of the “Member’s Benefits.” DubLi has partnered with the Diamond Rewards Club to help consumers save up to 50% on out-of-pocket, medical, dental and prescription drugs.
The Diamond Club and DubLi are able to enroll their members at substantially lower costs because they are associated with a network of outstanding health care providers. The Diamond Club Medical Plan is not an insurance company but provides you and your family with health care savings by negotiating with the provider networks. There is no membership fee to get these savings. They are part of your DubLi membership. If you are not a DubLi member join now at http://dubli.com/2959282
Membership allows you to reduce your costs of services by accessing the network of national pharmacies, vision, dental and health care providers. Over 40 million US residents have inadequate insurance or no coverage whatsoever and the cost of health insurance continues to spin out of control. That is why the Diamond Clubs’ Health and Wellness program is so important to you and your family. The Diamond Club Membership includes:
Physician Visit Network: The Physician Visit Network provides discounts on health care services at physicians' offices. Because the program is not insurance, there is no paperwork and you begin saving as soon as you receive your card. (Physician Visit Benefit is not available to Vermont residents.) Benefits:
- Save an average of 10% to 40% and more at over 310,000 providers throughout the country, including family physicians, specialists and alternative care providers. Members also save on cosmetic surgery procedures, including skin resurfacing, acne scars, liposuction, and more.
- The program utilizes one of the largest PPO networks in the nation. This nationally recognized network "owns" their physician contracts so your Club membership cannot be canceled. Plus, the network maintains control of physician education and service levels.
- The Physician Visit Network is effective and easy to use. To locate providers in your area visit the online locator or call the toll-free number on your membership card. Present your card at the provider's office and receive immediate savings on services provided. There are no age or health restrictions, anyone can use this benefit.
Vision/Hearing Plan: Coast to Coast Vision™ (CTC) has contracted with over 12,000 eye care locations nationwide. Members save on eyeglasses, contacts, eye exams and surgical procedures. The CTC provider network is the most comprehensive in the U.S. and includes ophthalmologists, optometrists, independent optical centers and national chain locations such as Pearle Vision, JC Penney Optical, Sears Optical, Target Optical, LensCrafters, and EyeMasters. Vision Benefit is not available to Vermont residents. Member benefits include:
- Savings of 20% to 60% on prescription eyewear. Most frames, lenses and specialty items such as tints, coatings and UV protection are available
- Also, save 10% to 20% on contact lenses (excluding disposables) at participating retail locations.
- Savings of 10% to 30% on eye exams.
- Save 40% to 50% off the overall national average on LASIK surgery (PRK and CK available at select locations).
- No limit on the number of times membership may be used during the year.
- Two guarantees - 30 day unconditional money-back satisfaction guarantee and low price guarantee on eyeglasses
- Members may nominate their own eye care professional to join the network.
Chiropractic Plan: Members may choose from more than 3,000 participating Chiropractors. Members enjoy a variety of savings and services including: (Chiropractic is not available to Vermont residents)
- Free initial consultation
- 50% savings on diagnostic services
- 50% savings on x-rays performed on-site (if necessary)
- 30% savings on treatment and other services
- Unlimited access to care with no limits on the number of visits
- Over 3,000 providers nationwide
- Each chiropractor’s licensure and insurance are carefully verified before being accepted in the network
- Items such as vitamins and durable goods are priced at the doctor’s discretion (see Medical Supplies & Equipment Plan too)
Dental Care Plan: The discount program provides access to the Aetna Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes. Dental benefits are not available to Vermont residents. Benefits include:
- Members save 15% to 50% on everything from general dentistry and cleanings to root canals, crowns and orthodontia. Actual costs and savings vary by provider and geographical area.
- Over 76,000 dental practice locations.
- Save on routine dental services such as x-rays and fillings.
- Save on specialty care such as orthodontics and periodontics where available.
Save 75% on professional teeth whitening kits from Bright and White, Inc. The kits have custom-made trays from your personal impressions and has a bleaching gel that is great for sensitive teeth. Kits are sent directly to you Priority Mail.
Prescription Plan: The neighborhood pharmacy program assures members the lowest price on prescription drugs, saving 10% to 60% on most prescriptions. It's simple to use. The member simply presents the membership card to the pharmacist with the prescription. The pharmacist calculates the discount and the member pays the discounted price. No other forms are required. Highlights of the program:
- Over 60,000 national and regional pharmacy chains participate as well as independent pharmacies.
- A mail order program so members may optimize their savings by purchasing maintenance prescriptions in 90 day supplies.
- Visit www.rxpricequotes.com to look up drug prices by location
Medical Supplies and Equipment: Medical Supplies Service offers members a convenient solution for ordering medical supplies and equipment. Through Medical Supplies Service, members save $5 on orders of $100 or more on the retail price on Walkers, Power Mobility
You have three membership options at the Diamond Club:
- Get a 30-day Trial for $4.95
- If you like the program you can upgrade to a monthly subscription of $12.49/month
- If you upgrade to an annual subscription for $119.95 you get a $3 cash back reward, a Savings of $32.93.
Disclaimer: This plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services. This plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. The plan member is obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with the discount plan organization.
DubLi Members Can Buy Discounted Health Insurance
As a DubLi Shopping Member, finding and applying for a sensible and affordable medical plan has never been easier. DubLi has partnered with Marsh U.S. Consumer, a service of Seabury & Smith, Inc. who offers discounted health insurance plans from top health insurance companies nationwide like Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Celtic, Health Net and Humana. Marsh offers Individual Medical, Short Term Medical, Limited Medical, Small Group Medical and Dental insurance plans for individuals and businesses.
Their online Quote tool makes it easy to compare policies and find the right policy for you and your family or your business. Discover how you can select any or all plans that best fit your family’s needs and budget: major medical, health savings account, all-encompassing dental coverage, short-term disability, and more. It is as simple as joining the DubLi Online Shopping Community. It’s Fast and It’s Free.
DubLi.com is best known for its reverse auctions where consumers bid down the price of the most popular products and gift cards sold online earning discounts as high as 98%. Less known to North American consumers is the DubLi Cash Back Rewards Shopping Mall with over 1,100 of the most well-known brick-and-clicks and online stores.
About the Diamond Clubs
The Diamond Clubs are not only concerned about your family’s health and financial well being. The Club was designed to enhance family enjoyment by combining a wide variety of leisure, travel and amusement discounts and special programs through its Diamond Entertainment Club.
The Diamond Roadside Assistance Club is the ultimate in peace of mind whether you are traveling around the corner or around the country offering you with the finest service, discounts and special features so that you can travel with total peace of mind.
All three Diamond Clubs have been designed to save Diamond Club Members is three ways:
- Savings of up to 50% compared to clubs with comparable services
- Savings of up to 50% and more at participating providers
- FREE Membership in the Diamond Clubs Rewards program that saves our Members up to 20% at the nation’s best retailers and up to 50% and more at neighborhood restaurants. Diamond Club Rewards are in addition to the rewards already attached to your credit cards.
Members can redeem points as "universal currency" for anything and everything by accumulating their cash back rewards on a free DubLi MasterCard Debit Card (must have $25 in rewards to receive a free debit card.)
About Marsh U.S. Consumer, a service of Seabury & Smith, Inc.
Marsh U.S. Consumer, a service of Seabury & Smith, Inc. is the leader in insurance program management and the world's largest insurance broker with $4 billion of annual revenue. Meeting your needs is our number one priority.
We are proud to be a pioneer in the concept of insurance program management. The company has committed over 50 years to developing custom insurance programs with the right products and services that best support the needs of client organizations and the lifestyles of their members-both professional and personal.
Together, we will strive to bring bigger, better, more cost-effective, state-of-the-art products and services to our client organizations and their members. We look forward to continuing to serve you.
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. and its subsidiaries own equity interests in certain insurers and have contractual arrangements with certain insurers and wholesale brokers. Your premium payment indicates your consent to this commission for this policy period and subsequent renewals, including any changes in commission rates at any such renewals.
DubLi Customers Save More, Live Better
The DubLi Cash Back Rewards Mall is the world's largest online Savings site with over 1,100 participating Merchants in North America and 450 Merchants in Australia and New Zealand. DubLi shopping members save up to 60% and earn up to 30% cash back rewards on every purchase they made. Join the fastest growing online shopping community. There is no monthly or yearly fee to get these great discounts.
My blog: http://cynthiamittel.blogspot.com